Substation Doors / Bin Store Doors with Frames
Quick Manufacture & Delivery
Call For Advice / To Order Today
0300 030 1013
Substation Doors & Bin Store Doors
Benchstop Security Doors range of Substation Doors and Bin Store Doors are specifically designed for remote sites where ventilation is usually required and vandalism anticipated. Applications include replacement of wooden doors on electricity substations, bin stores and other storage facilities.
Our Substation Doors and Bin Store Doors also come with the added option of thermal and acoustic insulation. Please mention this when enquiring if you would like this included in your order.
- Door leaf 1.2mm
- Door frame 1.6mm
- Cill profile standard
- Door leaf double pan construction welded and riveted with a composite Dufaylite honeycomb core
- Door type single leaf, double, bifold or trifold
- Frame depth – 90mm
- Leaf thickness – 45mm
- Maximum Structural Opening Size – 2800mm wide x 2950mm high
- Zintec steel door and frame – for durability and strength
- Choice of door and frame thicknesses and louvre configurations to suit
different security and ventilation requirements
- Heavy duty stainless steel ‘lift-off’ hinges for improved access
(minimum of 3 per leaf)
- Integrated 17.5mm diameter dog bolts for extra rigidity on hinge
side (minimum of 2 per leaf)
- Integral anti-jemmy strip – protects the locking mechanism from attack
with crowbars and other levers
- Tear drop weather seals on 3 sides to prevent weather ingress
- Wide choice of hardware options and extras
- Choice of unfinished zintec, primer or powder coating in a wide choice of colours.
- Anti-vandal paint option
Benefits when choosing a Steel Substation Door / Bin Store Door
- Both the frame and door leaves are constructed without welding to maintain anti-corrosive properties. With the frame and door made from Zintec steel with stainless steel hinges and hardwearing polyester powder paint finish the door is less prone to rust providing an all-round durable solution. Benchstop recommends outward opening doors for greater security.
- A more cost effective and more durable alternative to wooden doors, which are commonly used on plant and substations.
- The door leaf is constructed with an integral anti-jemmy strip and with high security solid steel dog bolts provide protection for the locking system deterring unauthorised access. Locking bars are optional for added protection to external locking.
- Lightweight construction and lift off hinges provide for easier installation (manufactured to comply with lifting regulations).
- The option of a removable top transom panel provide greater access for plant machinery. Class 1 doors are available in extra wide bi-folding and tri-folding configurations.
- Frames are secured to the wall structure through pre-punched fixing holes which are concealed from view.
- Ventilation can be provided by punched louvres on the outer skin of the door leaf and slots on the inner skin (60mm wide which protrude 5mm). Leaves can be half or fully louvred.
- Small louvred slots on the front and slots on the back of the door prevent the entry of small animals.
- Want to know how to fit a Substation Door or Bin Store Door? You can find a full fitting guide for our Substation Doors and Bin Store Doors here.
Our substation doors and bin store doors are robust and strong, and when installed correctly can be extremely difficult to breech. We recommend that any new exit door opens outwards. When opening outwards, with dog-bolts and our integral anti-jemmy strip, to protect the frame and lock, the door is at its strongest. The vast majority of traditionally constructed inward opening doors can be ‘kicked in’ as the internal frame rebate does not resist the attack.
Modern hollow steel substation doors and bin store doors offer a solid, secure solution that looks good too. Benchstop substation doors and bin store doors incorporate dog bolts and anti-jemmy strips as standard.
Benchstop substation doors and bin store doors can be supplied in an unfinished zintec or primer finish ready for painting on site. Our in-house paint plant offers a full range of stock powder coated finishes. Special non-stock colours can be obtained at extra cost.
For a full range of available colours see our colour chart here.